Ecommerce for Small Businesses
Ann London Creative + Shopify = A legendary online store
Ann London Creative is a Shopify Partner
I specialize in helping small town shops create beautiful, customer-driven online stores.
If you’d like an online store that wins customers, as a former award-winning manager and Nordstrom Customer Service All-Star, I bring a unique perspective to ecommerce. I understand merchandising and customer service, promotions and online marketing. I worked at Nordstrom’s flagship store in Seattle, which was an intense university for learning about customer service, retailing and store management.
One of the best things I learned was the expectations that Nordstrom had for those who work there—Customer service was our top priority; the customer comes first and we learned by doing. I loved helping customers find unique solutions, to help them solve problems. And I was rewarded for my work by being quickly promoted within the company and by winning awards for my promotions and service. I even launched an in-store newsletter and wrote a book on merchandising.
And, I have carried what I learned at Nordstrom into all aspects of my life. I became a Shopify Partner after I launched my own online store because I saw the value that the Shopify platform could bring to business owners. When you run a business, you want to focus on your customer and your product mix, not on creating and piecing together an online store. Shopify gives you the ability to do this with ease, and with tools that allow you to load product images and product descriptions in an efficient way so you stay in front of your customers. At Nordstrom, we eagerly unpacked boxes of new merchandise so that we could create eye-appealing displays and keep our products upfront and visible. And we listened to our customers to get to know them so we could truly help them. With Shopify, you can do the same!
As a Shopify Partner, I can help you get your online store up and running!
Choosing an ecommerce platform for an online business is one of the toughest decisions an entrepreneur needs to make. If this choice is made hastily, without the right information, you risk investing time and money into a platform that does not meet your needs. The sunk costs associated with choosing the wrong ecommerce platform can significantly impact the success and longevity of your business.
As a Shopify Partner, I help prospective ecommerce clients learn how they should approach their online business.
Let’s look at some of the steps:
Before you choose an ecommerce solution, we will first look at your specific needs.
In today’s market, there are two main types of platforms for ecommerce business owners:
● Fully-hosted ecommerce platforms
● Open source ecommerce platforms
As a Shopify Partner, I can help you understand both types of platforms and then help you choose what works best for you. I am an expert in both platforms, using Shopify and, WordPress WooCommerce.
When we look at your business, I’ll help you choose which platform is best for your particular needs.
The benefits of hosted ecommerce
To help guide your decision, we’ve organized the key benefits of hosted ecommerce platforms around three distinct stages every new online business owner experiences.
1. Easy to build with
From deciding what hosting service to use, to importing products from existing storefronts, starting an online store comes with many challenges that many entrepreneurs aren’t expecting. Luckily, hosted ecommerce platforms offer a turnkey solution that removes many of these early stage barriers.
By going with a hosted ecommerce platform you will have:
The opportunity to start selling quicker. Hosted platforms offer a simplified store setup process and easy day-to-day management, through robust content management systems (CMS) that are uncommon when compared to their open-source counterparts.
● An all-in-one commerce solution. Merchants receive native hosting, shopping cart functionality, and sales channel integrations with no additional fees or integrations. This can save significant time and financial investment that would not otherwise exist with open source platforms.
2. Ready for optimization
Store optimization is not only part of the launch phase, but is also an ongoing requirement for many online business owners. Hosted ecommerce platforms offer several advantages for optimization compared to open-source options, including these key benefits:
● Easy access to extensions. Easily build the store of your dreams with the functionality you need, through robust third-party apps and integrations.
● An ever-evolving product. Hosted platforms, like Shopify, host hundreds of thousands of stores, so they regularly are pushing new improvements to ensure all sites are built with industry-leading best practices.
3. Simplified store maintenance
Hosted platforms simplify store maintenance, so that entrepreneurs can focus on what really matters — running and growing their online businesses.
In general, most hosted ecommerce platforms offer merchants:
● An army behind your business. Going hosted means you get access to 24/7 technical support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime, and keep your business running smoothly.
● Industry-leading security. Hosted platforms look after SSL certification, security patches, and more, to ensure you can rest easy knowing your business and customers are secure.
Using the Shopify platform
Many merchants are looking for very specific functionality in their ecommerce platform, so one of the first tasks we will look at is defining that functionality through feature descriptions
Next, we will look at product functionality with “bottom line” benefits, as well as the potential impact the product can have on your business.
Shopify is dedicated to streamlining the ecommerce experience for both merchants and their customers, by offering a robust and easy-to-use platform that is constantly evolving to stay at the forefront of an ever-changing industry.
Below is a set of key benefits and core features that you can expect from Shopify.
A home for your brand
Shopify is completely agnostic to design and front end technology. With full storefront customization, no product limits, powerful analytics, and much more — Shopify isn’t just a house for your business and brand, but can be designed into a permanent home.
Store management made easy
Our hassle-free, merchant-focused ecommerce management system means you can smoothly handoff your work to employees — with minimal training and support debt.
Sell anywhere your customers are
Shopify offers more sales channels, payment gateways, and integration products than any other ecommerce provider, offering your clients a unified platform to sell anywhere their customers are now — or will be in the future. From Amazon and Pinterest, to Messenger and Shopify POS, you can check out all Shopify’s sales channels on the Shopify App Store.
Rest easy knowing your business is safe
Shopify incorporates industry-leading security features into every product, like 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.9% uptime with 24/7 monitoring — allowing your clients to breathe easy knowing their business, and customers, are always protected.
Enhanced customization with Shopify Apps
Shopify proudly boasts more than 1,500 apps that allow merchants to build their businesses the way they want them to perform.
These added benefits from apps include:
Additional functionality to your storefront, like product reviews, pop-ups, chat functionality, and more.
● Extend the power of Shopify’s admin, like enhanced reporting, shipping options, inventory management, and more.
● Integrate with the most popular third-party business software, like MailChimp, Quickbooks, Zero, and more.
These are just a handful of the technical and business features that make Shopify the perfect solution for your needs.
Summary of benefits
Why Shopify? The ecommerce platform made for you
Shopify is the world’s leading multi-channel commerce platform, powering more than 400,000 businesses who have collectively sold more than $34 billion worth of products online or in-person.
● A home for your business – Fully customizable website, online store, and blog.
● Limitless potential – Unlimited bandwidth, product inventory, and customer data.
● Sell anywhere your customers are – Multiple sales channels like Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, and more.
● Store management made easy – 24/7 award-winning customer support .
● Rest easy knowing your business is safe – Industry leading security and reliability with 256-bit SSL certificates, Level-1 PCI compliance, and 99.9% uptime.